Important information for parents parking, picking-up and dropping off at ÉOES |
Important information for parents parking, picking-up and dropping off at ÉOES
The following information will help you to support us in being able to ensure the safety of our students on their way to and from school and to keep our Chinook’s Edge busses running on schedule.
Pick-Up & Drop-Off
- Playground supervision begins at 8:25 am.
- Students are dismissed from class at 3:10 pm.
- When dropping students off or picking them up by car, it is important that you do not pull into the bus lanes – even for ‘just a second’ or if you do not see a bus.
- Use the crosswalk – and never cross between busses. Our bus drivers need your assistance to be able to drive safely, and the spaces between busses are blind spots.
- Our crosswalk is supervised starting at 8:15 am and at the end of the day. Please assist us by practicing safe street crossing practices and use the crosswalk with children
- Parking is available on 53rd street and many other streets near the school. Please note the map below to see where restrictions for parking in front of the school apply.
- Please abide by all posted signs
- Please do not drop off or park in the staff parking lot to the east of the school building. In order to keep students safe, they are prohibited from entering the fenced in, staff parking lot.
- Please do not park or drop off in the permit parking spot if you do not have a permit. An empty spot close to the school can be tempting, but is reserved for permit holders.
- The gates to the front parking lot are closed before and after school for safety reasons, so you cannot enter/depart until bus transportation is completed.
Please assist us by practicing safe street crossing practices and use the crosswalk with children. Thank you for your support!